ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICIANS/TECHNOLOGISTS - 12 MONTH PLACEMENT
- Undergraduate Placements
- Closing date:
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is an established, successful and prominent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing a comprehensive range of professional services to the housing sector. Established in 1980 we have over three decades of wide ranging experience working with clients throughout the UK.
Based at our Head Office in Huddersfield this is a fantastic opportunity for career driven students looking for a year in a dynamic construction consultancy as part of their sandwich degree course. The successful applicants will be part of our Design Team working alongside experienced staff who will offer guidance and support during your time with us. The role enjoys a varied workload including:-
- Measured surveys of existing buildings
- Site surveys
- Use of AutoCad/Revit (BIM) software
- Working on both refurbishment and new build schemes
- Completion of feasibility and technical design drawings
- Production of visuals and presentation material
- Involvement in planning and building control applications
Minimum Criteria & Qualities required for this role will include:
- Successful completion of second year studies passing all core modules
- Full UK driving licence
- Willingness to travel (all expenses paid by the company)
- Good IT proficiency especially MS Word, Excel and AutoCAD
- Quick learner
- An organised and methodical approach to your work.
- An able communicator in both written & verbal forms.
- A confident and enthusiastic manner.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy to work with a high degree of autonomy.
Benefits of securing a placement at Michael Dyson Associates Ltd
- 25 days annual leave plus banks holidays
- £500 reward on securing placement
- RICS, CIOB, RIBA & CIAT accredited training & support
- Payment of professional subscription fees
- Professional modern offices with free parking
- Company funded social events
- Opportunity for sponsorship in final year studies and Graduate employment thereafter.
- We look for the best students so apply sooner rather than later as placements go quickly.
- Applications can be made from 1st October 2018 and should be made via www.mdysoncareers.co.uk
- The application deadline is 28th February 2019
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview with all placements made by end of March 2019.
- Should you wish to discuss the placements in further detail prior to applying please contact Emma Taylor who oversees our recruitment on 01484 666888.