ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICIAN/TECHNOLOGIST - 12 MONTH PLACEMENT
- Undergraduate Placements
- Closing date:
Michael Dyson Associates Ltd is an established, successful and prominent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy providing a comprehensive range of professional services to the housing sector. Established in 1980 we have over three decades of wide-ranging experience working with clients throughout the UK.
Commencing Summer 2020 and based at our Head Office in Huddersfield this is a fantastic opportunity for career driven students looking for a year in a dynamic construction consultancy as part of their sandwich degree course. The successful applicants will be part of our Design Team working alongside experienced staff who will offer guidance and support during your time with us.
What you’ll do & learn:
- Undertake measured surveys of existing buildings
- Site surveys
- Use and training in AutoCad/Revit (BIM) software
- Work on both refurbishment and new build schemes
- Completion of feasibility and technical design drawings
- Production of visuals and presentation material
- Involvement in planning and building control applications
What you’ll need:
- Successful completion of second year studies passing all core modules
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Willingness to travel (all expenses paid by the company)
- Good IT proficiency especially MS Word, Excel and AutoCAD
- An organised and methodical approach to your work.
- An able communicator in both written & verbal forms.
- A confident and enthusiastic manner.
- That you are a self-starter and can be trusted to work with a high degree of autonomy.
What you’ll receive:
- £17,000 salary plus £500 reward on securing placement
- 30 days annual leave inc banks holidays
- Full in-house support & guidance from our team of qualified Technologists & Architects
- Dedicated assistance & financial support with CIAT & RIBA training path
- Opportunity for sponsorship in final year studies and Graduate employment thereafter
- Excellent fully funded training programme with regular in-house CPD events to support career development
- Payment of professional subscription fees
- Professional modern offices with free parking
- Company funded social events
- Applications can be made from 1st October 2019 and should be made via www.mdysoncareers.co.uk
- The application deadline is 28th February 2020. We look for the best students so apply sooner rather than later as placements go quickly.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview with all placements made by end of March 2020.
- Should you wish to discuss the placements in further detail prior to applying please contact Emma Taylor who oversees our recruitment on 01484 666888.